7 Winter Wedding Cake Ideas
It is generally accepted that the summer is 'Wedding Season'. However there are certainly many reasons to consider having your wedding in the winter. So below we compiled a list of seven various ideas for a Winter Wedding Cake theme.
1) A Snow Flake Cake (try saying that 10 times) can be the perfect combination of winter elegance and eye popping color. Want to add a dash of color to your winter white wedding? Do it in the cake! Make the top half of the cake match the color-scheme of the wedding, and pipe the bottom half with white flowers.
2) A Lavender cake can be just as easily recognized as a winter theme, there is no need to feel trapped in the color scheme of ONLY blue and white.
3) A Winter Forest Cake - With a few hints of red and simple wintery pine trees, this cake would be an elegant testament to all the beautiful things about winter.
4) Holly Branch Cake - by adding the tree of the season you turn a simple white tiered cake into a winter cake, and of course, you can add some lovebirds to the holly branch you add an undeniable a romantic sentiment.
5) The DIY Wedding Cake - This requires just a little burlap, some pieces of pine tree, pine cones, and holly berries. Sprinkle on a dash of snow, and VOILA! You have got yourself one elegant winter wedding cake.
6) A Snowman and Snow Woman Cake - Nothing extravagant here, just replace the Bride & Groom cake topper with exactly what you picture, that of a Snowman and his new Bride.
7) Blossoming White Cake - Who says you can't have over-the-top flowers at a winter wedding? Especially if the wedding date lands in between the transitional time from winter to spring. White roses are always in, so add some blossoming detail to your all-white wedding cake.
Posted on Thu, January 14, 2016
by Bill Sissleman filed under